This is a great recipe for those of you who are busy in the morning and need to grab and go, as it can be prepped the night before and stored in a little pot you can take with you in the morning.
It is also super easy to keep this recipe exciting as you can vary the nuts, seeds and fresh fruit used each time. This way you are providing your body with a wide variety of nutrients to support your body systems.
My favourite ingredients include fresh berries, flax, hemp and chia seeds. I love adding grated carrot, apple and cinnamon for a carrot cake inspired flavour.
Bonus points if you choose to be fancy and serve your breakfast in pretty teacups! This is lovely to do if you are hosting guests. I love to collect tea cups, any excuse!
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup yogurt of your choice (ideally if you are using a natural dairy yogurt choose one that is organic. If choosing a non dairy yogurt choose low sugar variety).
- 1/4 cup non dairy milk (almond or rice etc)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds or flax (optional)
- Mixed chopped fresh fruit, nuts and seeds
- I love mine with juicy berries, coconut and mixed seeds.
- Mix all ingredients together
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl or a tub that you can take with you the next day.
- Leave overnight (at least 12 hours)
- Eat and enjoy! Can be served in batches in smaller portions if you wish.